1. First of all you have to place your hands on the piano in such a manner that they are level with the piano.
2. Your wrists must not be too low or too high.
3. Make sure that when you strike the keys then you must not flick the keys.
4. You must push your fingers down straight and with even strength on the key.
5. If you go too low then you will have more difficulty hitting the keys properly.
6. And if you are too high then you shall bump the black keys.
7. Now remember that your thumb is finger one, index is finger number two, middle finger is three, ring finger is fourth and the little finger is fifth finger. This shall help you in following the piano lessons properly.