Begin playing the first measure in Claude Debussy's "Clair de lune" masterpiece. This song has stood the test of time, and influenced musicians around the world. This makes it a really good piece to begin learning piano with. This video covers Measure 1.
Get started learning the very first notes of Debussy's "Clair de lune". Using the G clefs in both hands, we can easily map out where to find the notes, keeping in mind the special rules governed by the Key Signature that changes most of the notes to flats. We also learn about ties and how they're used to extend the length of notes. Also, see how to use a special program to better illustrate using the damper pedal (far right) to control how notes are sustained and released.
"Clair de lune from scratch" is a video lesson series designed to help folks who have never played the piano before get started right away learning how to read real music and play this masterpiece by Claude Debussy. The secret that all teachers use is to teach in small portions.
You can download the MusicReader version of "Clair de lune" itself, right here.
Watch all of the videos in the "Clair de lune from Scratch" series on WonderHowTo.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades